CALLING ALL REGION 15 YOUTH!! APPLY NOW for the YOUTH SCHOLARSHIP!!
Sponsored by Region 15 and the TYSINGER AUTOMOTIVE FAMILY !!
The winner will receive a $1000 Scholarship and the runner-up will receive a $500 Scholarship.
REGION 15 & the Tysinger Automotive Family
for the 2019 Scholarship Application Year
The Region 15 & Tysinger Automotive Family Scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic ability, leadership, and involvement in equine activities. The award is to be used toward undergraduate expenses at an institution of higher learning, that is, one which may only be attended upon receipt of a high school diploma or its equivalent. This includes colleges, universities, junior or community colleges offering an associate degree, and trade schools providing education in a field leading to permanent employment.
One (1) $1000.00 scholarship [Region 15 Champion]
One (1) $500.00 scholarship (Region 15 Reserve Champion]
The 2019 Region 15 Scholarship winner will have their scholarship check paid directly to the school they are/will be attending (please provide this information on your application). The same applicant will not receive two consecutive awards. The only exception occurs when there are no new applications received for the available scholarships.
An applicant must be a current member of AHAand a current member of a Region 15 Club,must reside in Region 15, and must be a current college student, have graduated high school or be a graduating senior when applying.
Requirements: DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: JUNE 17, 2019
- Cover sheet containing complete address of applicant, phone number at which applicant can be reached most readily, photo of applicant for possible press release, and a copy of your current AHA membership card.
- Letter stating your reasons for wanting a scholarship and your personal goals for furthering your education.
- Three (3) letters of recommendation as follows:
- One from a horseman/woman who is an adult member of Region 15.
- One from an academic teacher or advisor.
- One from an employer, clergyman/woman, or volunteer coordinator.
- High School transcript/College transcript, fall semester of current year or most up-to-date transcript available at time of applying, and containing class rank if possible.
- Activities summary: list no more than 10 activities (school, community, and equine events, both breed and open) and discuss how they have contributed to your personal growth. Please confine to two pages or less.
Email your completed Application to: email@example.com
Carla R. Scarmazzi, REGION 15 Scholarship Chair
We would like to thank Bob Rombs and The Tysinger Automotive Family for their continued support. Please visit: https://www.tysinger.com/